Mission, Vision & Values
To be a World Class, distinctive boys school, day and boarding, maintaining high academic standards and nurturing integrity and leadership.
Our Core Values
- Striving to achieve the best we can in all we do. To inspire learning and leadership together
- Reading School boys value the acquisition of knowledge of the truth and the quest for excellence through intellectual curiosity, creativity and growth. They should be enthusiastic and enjoy learning for the intellectual challenge
- Doing the right thing, commitment, respect for oneself, others and the environment, utilising knowledge and understanding wisely – thereby enabling informed decisions and the quest for truth and freedom
- Reading School boys will be fine young men of integrity, principle and character who support each other in their quest for excellence
- A dynamic sense of purpose, dedicated to working with and for others
- Reading School boys demonstrate a spirit of loyalty, commitment, compassion, humour and community
- Sharing knowledge through local, national and international partnerships.
- Nurturing a local body with an international heart that supports social mobility and lifelong learning from the best sources of expertise and wisdom.
- Creating community through the establishment and building of a network of partnerships to drive best practice.
- Building a culture of belonging that provides opportunities to cultivate an outward-facing outlook committed to sharing ideas across our community.
Our Strategic Direction
Our strategic direction retains and extends the strength and distinctive characteristics of Reading School, realising the full potential in each student.
We aim to:
- Develop young men who will have the courage and integrity to uphold moral values, serve and inspire others and be leaders in their families, communities and internationally
- Support Reading School boys in developing resilience and skills to meet the challenges of life
- Ensure that Reading School boys leave as young men that are intellectually and emotionally prepared for higher education and the world of work.
- Be an academic school, an inspiring and enjoyable place of learning and scholarship
- Provide teaching that is rigorous, challenging and intellectually engaging.
- Provide the setting where the skills of friendship are developed and the importance of community recognised through participation in a wide range of activities.
- Recruit and develop the best teachers and associate staff that we can to deliver our strategic and operational goals.
Download Reading School Strategic Plan 2018-2025
Working for Reading School
Reading School……."has a real sense of community and helps students reach the highest of academic standards as well as developing a keen sense of purpose and responsibility…..Teaching is truly inspirational…The Curriculum is outstanding "
- Sunday Times South East State School of the Year – November 2017
- A Level results consistently 90% A*-B grades (2015-2017)
- Ofsted Boarding Inspection ‘Outstanding in all areas (February 2017)
- Member of Boarding Schools Association
- Over 150 Oxbridge Successes over the last six years
- Sutton Trust Top 100 Schools for proportion of students accepted at highly selective universities
- Strong pastoral system based around House System
- Successful sustainable partnerships with schools in Australia, Denmark and Kenya. Member of the International Boys’ Schools Coalition
- Flagship ‘Future Stories’ programme focusing on social mobility with local primary schools
- Floreat Student Leadership Programme developing character.
- Ambitious 2018-2025 Strategic Development Plan shaped by core values – Excellence, Integrity, Leadership and Community